Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Today's Lesson ... The Dangers of Not Proof Reading ...

today I had a huge laugh ... and a bit of concern.
So my boss and I had been working on a program for a conference he was going to in Vegas for probably the whole month of May. We'd get ads in and I'd have to set them in place in the program, and at times reset/fix them if they were of poor quality. The programs were printed and sent out as the conference was this past weekend. I got an email from my boss this morning telling me to take a look at one of the ads again to see if I noticed anything weird. OH NO! What did I type wrong?!?! Sure enough there it was staring at me .... "Orange Cunty" instead of "Orange County"! OMG!! Why couldn't I have missed the O, or T or pretty much anything else?!?! My poor boss was there at the conference and everyone knew that he was responsible for the printing ... and I made that huge mistake! Once I stopped laughing hysterically I felt awful! Hopefully he's not too mad, couldn't tell by the tone of the email.
On a similar note we found out one of our clients made a huge error on a very important piece. We are trying to think of ways to fix it without having to rerun the whole thing. See proof readers ... VERY important!!

So on a totally unrelated note I'm happy to say that I am now part of two ball teams this summer. I bailed on my original Thursday night team this year because I was trying to save some money & not be away from Macy Grey too much but also because I just didn't really feel like I gelled with the team ... well some of the other girls in our Tuesday league approached me tonight about playing on their team. Honestly their team is the team that I totally wanted to be on, I know and like everyone on the team so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also feeling pretty darned special that the even asked me! They must have been desperate! lol I don't care, I'll take it!

It was decided at work today that all the people in the office were going to go in on lottery tickets for the big Lotto Max draw ... let's hope we win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment