Sunday, August 8, 2010

I could quite possibly be the worst blogger evah! I only have a couple followers (his Sus & Bex!!) so I tend to just tell them my ridiculous stories in person or email ... although this blogging thing I could see being a good outlet for many it so far hasn't done much for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all the blabbing I do but I need more peeps! lol

I am still thinking about the wedding I went to last week ... it was so freaking awesome! My friends Karen & Alf are big fans of Jimmy Buffet, the islands, flip flops, margeritas .. you know the deal. So I got to make the invitations which if I do say so myself turned out pretty cool! And the wedding was so nice, it was a backyard wedding, low key, casual, but such a great atmosphere, you could feel their happiness. Had a great time! Oh yeah and got to re-connect with someone special that I'm hoping will turn in to something this time ... it's been an on/off, strange/messed up thing for almost 2 years now ... we'll see what happens ...

This weekend I went to Chathole to have a yard sale with my friend Shannon. It was great getting rid of a pile of junk! Well junk to me, as the saying goes "one man's junk is another man's treasure!" Yard sales are a lot of work. I almost pondered just loading it all in the car and taking to Goodwill. We did that with the leftovers and I'm glad we did, I managed to make $90. Not too shabby, paid for a really nice meal out and still had some leftover! Shannon and I met when we were 6 ... that's a loooooong time ago! So we hooked up with our other friends Sue & Sandi for a nice dinner and a couple drinks/games at Sue's house. It was so nice to just relax and hang out with the girls. It's been years since we've done that. All 3 of them are married with kids and I have a busy life too so it's hard to get the 4 of us together. I'm impressed that we still manage to after all these years. Most people just sort of give up on it and the friendships fade ... nice to be able to connect with old friends. The only down fall was the lack of sleep! It's madness at Shannon's house with me and Mace ... that makes 3 medium/big dogs, 2 kids and 3 adults ... that's a lot goin' on at one house! Macy thought it would be fun to eat 24-7 so that Jasper and Barkley could get none, and pace a lot in the evenings so there wasn't a lot of sleeping going on. Oh and she and her boyfriend Jasper always like to play and make lots of noise chasing each other too. Good for the sleep! lol

So on that note, I'm going to take the pooch out for one last time and go to bed!

2 comments:

  1. DUDE! AUGUST 8TH...HOW ABOUT YOU DO A LITTLE BLOGGING SO WE CAN READ SOMETHING NEW AND YOU CAN GET MORE VIEWERS... NOTHING TO READ TO REASON TO VISIT.

    end of lecture. :P
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, seriously...I'm going to not follow any more.... :P

    ReplyDelete